The third Sunday in Advent is known as Gaudete Sunday (gaudete means "rejoice"). The liturgical color for this day is rose, a break from the purple of the other three Sundays. It celebrates the humanity of Christ, born of the Virgin Mary.
This traditional carol is rendered here by the Medieval Baebes.
Christus est natus ex Maria virgine, gaudete!
1. Tempus adest gratiae, hoe quod optabamus;
Carmina laetitiae devote reddamus. Refrain
2. Deus homo factus est, natura mirante;
Mundus renovatus est a Christo regnante. Refrain
3. Ergo nostra contio psallat iam in lustro;
Benedicat Domino; salus regi nostro. Refrain
Rejoice, rejoice, Christ is born
Of the virgin Mary, rejoice
1. The time of grace is here, that which we desire
Let us recite with devotion a song of joy. Refrain
2. God is made man, nature marvels
The world is restored by the reigning Christ. Refrain
3.Therefore we now sing our hymn in brightness
May it bless the Lord, greeting to our King. Refrain